Westaway Pharmacy was founded in Miami, Manitoba in 1898, by Mark Westaway. Jack Westaway took over after the death of his father in 1943. In 1977 the pharmacy was purchased by its current owner John Maddison.
From 1898 to 2010 Westaway Pharmacy operated as a traditional small town “Drug Store”, with liquor, lotteries, sundries, vet supplies, and confectionery to compliment the dispensary and over the counter medications. In 2010 the pharmacy became a dispensing only pharmacy, specializing in prescription and over the counter medicines, and relocated next door from its original birthplace.